Nov 21, 2011

A SADHAK’S NOTE

BHAJAGOVINDAM


I consider it a divine task to be writing my own perspectives on the slokas of the Bhajagovindam. The Bhajagovindam, written by, Sri Adi Sankara is considered by many scholars and saints as a great possibility for transformation. Each word is pregnant with meaning and required deep pondering and meditation to comprehend.


I started writing this more as a personal Sadhana than trying to teach someone the meaning. I felt that if the student community somehow understood the essence of the Bhajagovindam, it will be life transforming as it has been my personal experience. I request the readers not to stop here but to explore and read the works of great scholars on Bhajagovindam. Readers are requested to read aloud each sloka so that they get the pronunciation correctly.


A not to experts who may be reading this. Please consider this as a novice and beginner Sadhak’s work rather than an attempt to over simplify the profundity of the Bhajagovindam.

No comments:

Post a Comment