With hot debates going on about the Lok pal bill, I do not have enough experience to take sides but I definitely have the eyes to see one important thing. Why is it important to eliminate corruption? Corruption seems to be hindering the governmental benefits from reaching the population. We have been for long time focusing on big corporations and pouring huge sums of money on them. Its high time we took a lens and saw the things that matter to India most. I was at the taluk office for my ration card. No doubt things are much improved now. I obtained my ration card after 1 year (without much hassles or bribing), but I belong to the class of society for whom a ration card is more of a proof of identity and citizenship than for rice or sugar. But I did see many old people and poor people crying in the office for their ration cards and it was a sad sight. There was one very old man who has been walking to the office every week for the past 2 years and he was being treated like “dirt” by the officials. The officials are not be blamed here because they too have been victims of corruption in obtaining poor quality education and somehow getting to this position. So it’s a vicious circle.
This must change.
No comments:
Post a Comment