On saturday I was so excited to find Rice Flour at the supermarket. Bought it and wanted to try one of my favorite dishes. Having grown up in Karnataka when I was a child, I used to love the "akki rottis"(Rice Rotis) that my neighbour "Ajji"(grandma) used to prepare. Today, chopped some onions, added jeera,hotwater, salt and heeng to the flour and made some delicious akki rottis. Just closed my eyes and enjoyed the akki rottis just melt into my mouth with the oil and lime pickle..was I in Rome..or at home(India)?!?...having your favorite foodso much reminds of you home especially when they are home made!...
Mar 27, 2011
Rice Rotis at Rome
On saturday I was so excited to find Rice Flour at the supermarket. Bought it and wanted to try one of my favorite dishes. Having grown up in Karnataka when I was a child, I used to love the "akki rottis"(Rice Rotis) that my neighbour "Ajji"(grandma) used to prepare. Today, chopped some onions, added jeera,hotwater, salt and heeng to the flour and made some delicious akki rottis. Just closed my eyes and enjoyed the akki rottis just melt into my mouth with the oil and lime pickle..was I in Rome..or at home(India)?!?...having your favorite foodso much reminds of you home especially when they are home made!...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment